Re: [nvda-translations] About the Release

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:05:15 +1000

Hi Joseph,

On 1/09/2014 6:59 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
How about this: may I suggest releasing 2014.3.1 which may contain critical
fixes and language updates?
We already have a release every 3 months. Doing point releases in between simply isn't manageable for us. There's a fair amount of work involved to make a release, even with the automation we have now.

My main
concern is that fixing pt_BR/nvda.po may mean other translators would ask
for their changes to be merged as well.
That's why I'm only willing to merge critical changes. While this doesn't cause a crash, it will probably seriously confuse some users. However, if we can't narrow this down to the exact one or two words that need to be fixed, I will not accept the change.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Executive Director, NV Access Limited