[nvda-addons] Re: windows7Magnifier

  • From: Dominic Canare <dom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 00:07:06 -0500

AppModule code has been fixed.

Also, it turns out "start magnify" isn't safe from the black screen bug
either. I did some digging and found out that this bug is caused when the
32-bit version of magnify.exe is launched instead of the 64-bit. I think
NVDA is using the 32-bit version of python, which causes processes launched
to redirect to the 32 bit versions as well.

The fix for this is to disable the 32/64-bit file system redirection:

> ctypes.windll.kernel32.Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection(dummy)

So tonight's commits include that fix, as well as a few others to manage
the windows better.

I'm going to ask on the main dev listserv if I need to re-enable Wow64.

Dominic Canare
└ dom@xxxxxxxxxxxx