[nvda-addons] Re: jellybean tts

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 13:54:42 -0700

Hi Josh and list,
What the add-on writers are interested in are the following:
* The source code for driving the TTS. If it is not python, we must
find a way to embed the source into Python files.
* Any public API for the TTS so we can integrate this in NVDA.
* The actual name of the TTS (just because it is called Jellybean TTS
does not mean it doesn't have a name). Once we know the actual name of
that TTS (or the name of the company unless if it indeed made by
Google), we'll be able to contact the TTS authors to discuss a
possibility of working with them to produce a working add-on.
Also, when I try to download the iso, SendSpace downloads an exe and
was flagged as unsafe. So could you provide a Dropbox link?
And please note that this is indeed a mailing list for discussing NvDA
add-ons, so let us be careful on where our posts are going.
Cheers,
Joseph