[nvda-addons] Re: addons

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 19:54:33 -0400

a while back espeak wasn't that good. but now it is. it is excellent! and it supports the most languages! almost 80 languages to be exact. And its nice and small and the most responsive. And I found out that eloquence is a memory hog. it actually slows down the computer a bit when it is used.

On 5/8/2013 5:59 PM, Michael A. Ray wrote:
Well at last!

Somebody else that recognises that espeak is the best synth.  I bang my
head against the wall talking to people who say they don't like how it
sounds.

I tell people if you concentrated on what you're doing instead of what
you're hearing you'd get over it and realise there's nothing like espeak
for small size and responsiveness.  It's the only synth that can keep up
with my typing.

Mike

On 08/05/2013 22:36, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
well if it is just the eloquence addon then no worries there. I actually
kicked the eloquence habbit a few months ago. I now recommend espeak to
everybody. I have a question, is the jp-talker that old robotic japanese
synth an illegal addon? just asking because I don't know whether it is
or not. But espeak is the best anyway.