[nvda-addons] Re: Instant Translate: looking for features for the next version

  • From: Ondrej Rosik <ondrej.rosik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 21:35:39 +0200

"2. You can also allow translation of marked text by using review
cursor, since sometimes it's easier than selecting text if this cursor
follows the caret."
Just to remind, nvda+shift+y translates the content of clipboard.

Dňa 5/9/2013 9:32 PM Noelia  wrote / napísal(a):
Hello, two suggestions:
1. Add an edit dialog for writing text to translate. It can be
specially useful when translating text from our own language to
another one.
2. You can also allow translation of marked text by using review
cursor, since sometimes it's easier than selecting text if this cursor
follows the caret.

And a bug. We cannot change the addon settings if it's installed in a
readonly device, like a CDROM. I think it would be better to use ini
files as in OCR and other addons.
Here is the log showing this bug. I have reproduced it by changing the
attributes of ini file to readonly.
"
INFO - nvda (21:22:33):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
Config dir: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
NVDA version release-2013.1-9129,abf96b9
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
Using Windows version sys.getwindowsversion(major=6, minor=1,
build=7601, platform=2, service_pack='Service Pack 1')
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
Using Python version 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC
v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
Using comtypes version 0.6.2
INFO - synthDrivers.espeak.SynthDriver.__init__ (21:22:33):
Using eSpeak version 1.47.09  29.Apr.13
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (21:22:33):
Loaded synthDriver espeak
INFO - core.main (21:22:33):
Using wx version 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
INFO - braille.initialize (21:22:33):
Using liblouis version 2.5.2
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (21:22:33):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (21:22:33):
Braille input initialized
INFO - core.main (21:22:34):
NVDA initialized
ERROR - unhandled exception (21:22:57):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\Instant-Translate\globalPlugins\instantTranslate\interface.py",
line 60, in onOk
   File "configobj.pyc", line 2111, in write
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\nvda\\addons\\Instant-Translate\\globalPlugins\\instantTranslate\\instantTranslate.ini'
"

2013/5/9, beqa <beqaprogger@xxxxxxxxx>:
yes, it is on todo list too.

please write me a list of well-known translation services and i'll
implement this into instantTranslate.