[nvda-addons] Re: How do I generate a pot file for my addon?

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:56:36 +0200

Hi Derek,
to do this please do the following:
# first move existing code into an addon subfolder
1: mkdir addon
2. git mv  locale addon/
3. git mv  globalPlugins addon/

# now we need to copy across the files from the addon template.
# if we dont have it already
# git clone  git@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:nvdaaddonteam/addonTemplate
4. manually copy across  sconstruct, buildvars, .gitignore and manifest files.

# now we need to move the data from old manifest.ini, to buildvars.py.
# edit buildvars.py to match the data in your original manifest.ini
5. now git rm manifest.ini

If you have scons installed, doing
scons
will build a addon file from the latest code and running
scons pot
will create a potfile.

Thanks,
Mesar