[nswnra] Re: 8th - 9th weekend get together

  • From: Paul McGuiness <argonavis9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 07:41:22 +1000

Hi all,
Pic attached showing unit in place.
The handle is a Rhino brand painting pole, only
400mm long but with a click-stop extender.
The top is a paint brush holder with a plastic
ball socket with a tightening screw to hold it
at a better angle. The clips are new ones
with tooth-like rollers that really grip the
grooves of the pole, but the cables can
be popped off and the unit removed for
transport. The wheelbarrow handles
were pained black 20mm steel sections
from Bunnings, as were all the other bits.
The axle is a length of threaded rod.
It looks quite OK and should be good in
practice. Cables are a bit messy, but
I'll leave them loose for now.

Taking off one spring means balance
with the heavier Naglers becomes
more of an issue away from the zenith,
so I've butchered an old speaker for
its magnet. Just need the cloud and
rain to buzz off. Cheers, Paul.

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nswnra] Re: 8th - 9th weekend get together
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 08:08:15 +1100

When I brought my 20mm t5 I had to wait 2-3 months before I was able togive it
a proper workout. How are you mounting the unit, are you goingto build a stalk?
I started making a bag for my truss poles, which I would love to finish but
I’ve run out of thread. I’ve also been finishing (finally) my wheel burrow
handlesI use to move the 16” around the yard. Scopes are funny things it
doesn’t matter whether you buy one off the shelf or make it yourself, you’ll
always seem to need to tinker with it. I don’t see any end to this rain before
the moon comes back into play. The weather channel say’s it is going to get
worst over the next few days.I wonder how Glen is getting on down there at the
IIS camp. Cheers,CSRob From: nswnra-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx