[novasql] Northern Virginia SQL Server Users Group Meeting is Tonight!

  • From: "Clay McDonald" <clay.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <novasql@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TJ Hackett" <Joseph.Hackett@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:21:23 -0500

Date:   Monday, February 22, 2010
Time:   7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location:       AT&T Building, located at 1900 Gallows Road Vienna, VA
22182
Description
Jessica Moss of Ironworks Consulting will be speaking at this months
meeting!

Topic: Adding SSRS Report Bells and Whistles

Producing a good looking report will wow your business users even if
your data isn't all that impressive. If you've ever had trouble finding
the best way to display that data or how to show trends appropriately,
this is the session for you. We will review grouping logic, graphs,
gauges, and more in Reporting Services 2008. With the knowledge in this
session, you won't ever need to show a plain, boring report again!

Jessica M. Moss, an architect with Ironworks Consulting and a Microsoft
SQL Server MVP, is a well-known practitioner, author, and speaker in
Microsoft SQL Server business intelligence. Jessica has created numerous
data warehousing solutions for companies in the retail, internet, health
services, finance, and energy industries and authored technical content
for multiple magazines, websites, and the book "Microsoft SQL Server
2008 Integration Services Problem-Design-Solution". Jessica enjoys
working with the central Virginia community and speaks regularly at user
groups, code camps, and conferences. You can read about her work on her
blog, http://www.jessicammoss.com <http://www.jessicammoss.com/> .

Redgate Software will be this month's sponsor. Thank you Redgate!
Our raffle tonight will include new 2008 SQL Server books from Apress.
Thanks Apress!

Clay McDonald
Database Administrator

> Bates White, LLC