[novasql] SQL Server Locking & Blocking Made Simple. It starts at noon today!

  • From: "Clay McDonald" <clay.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <novasql@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:45:56 -0500

Sorry for the late notice.

Joe Webb talks about how SQL Server makes use of locking and transaction
isolation levels can go a long way toward improving an application's
performance. In this session, we will explore SQL Server's locking
methodology and discover techniques for enhancing query response times.

Speaker:
Joe Webb, a Microsoft SQL Server MVP, serves as Chief Operating Manager
for WebbTech Solutions, a Nashville-based consulting company. He has
over 14 years of industry experience and has consulted extensively with
companies in the areas of software development, database design, and
technical training.
In addition to helping his consulting clients, Joe enjoys writing and
speaking at technical conferences. He
has spoken at conferences in Europe and the North America and has
authored or co-authored three books.
Joe serves on the Auburn University Master of Business Administration
Advisory Board and the Nashville
State Technical Community College Computer Information Systems Advisory
Committee. Additionally, Joe served for six years on the Board of
Directors for the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS),
culminating his tenure as Executive Vice President of Finance.
Joe has earned the Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA),
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and the Microsoft Certified
Trainer (MCT) accreditations as well as other non-Microsoft
certifications such as the Linux Professional Institute's Level I
certification (LPIC-I). He may be reached at
joew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Live Meeting Link (just paste into your browser):
https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=37GDTP&role=attend

Clay McDonald
Database Administrator

> Bates White, LLC