[north-takoma] Re: Turkey in my yard

  • From: Judy Kogod <judykogod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: north-takoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:00:11 -0400

It’s a Turkey!

~Judy

JUDITH Kogod ColwellLong & Foster Real Estate, INC.1 Columbia AvenueTakoma Park MD 20912301-325-4388
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Z2bYSlV0AvE191jkP6RBQmsw
 Referrals always happily welcomed!
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2022, at 5:25 PM, Milford Sprecher <milford.sprecher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can remember when I first saw wild turkeys in Maryland. It was probably in the mid to late 1970's up near where Georgia Ave and I 70 meet.  I never saw any when growing up or going to college here in the more rural areas of the state.  They seem to be everywhere now.  A bit like deer, growing in population.
https://baltimorecountyforestryboardcom.wordpress.com/2021/11/25/wild-turkeys-in-maryland/

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:43 PM Kenneth Flemmer <ken.flemmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Spring females looking for a spot to safely nest
On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 3:58 PM <prosepro55@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hate to burst the bubble but I think this might be a turkey vulture, something completely different. Several years ago I photographed this one in our backyard. It was alone. The handful of times I've seen turkeys in the wild (in New England) they travel in flocks.
Harvey on P.B.