[nnasnet] FW: Two swans arrived this morning

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:48:08 -0500

My friend Patty Munford sent me this message....she has a place on the upper
branch of Lagrange Creek which is upriver of Urbanna Creek on the Rappahannock.
 Patty has been coming to our bird walks recently.  Sometimes there are as many
as 3-400 swans on her creek...and I have taken several of our members to see
them.  She is the one who reported hooded mergansers on her creek.  I have seen
several ducks in the distance out on the Rappahannock, but cannot identify
them.  "My" flocks of hoodies and buffleheads have not arrived yet.  Perhaps
this cold snap will bring them in.Maggie GerdtsJust upriver of Urbanna Creek on
Heath's Cove off Robinson's Creek

Hey Maggie
I got a message from Cathy that the swans have started arriving on Le Grange
Creek.  That's good, they have been late and sparse in recent years.  Hopefully
they will bring lots of family and friends.
!
Patty Munford