[USS Vanguard] Progress

  • From: jonathon.bremmer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:23:48 GMT+01:00

OoC: Would just like to say a big sorry to everyone for being out of the loop
for a while. I'm hopefully going to manage to catch up with a few things here!

Counselor Jaav E'thexx
Location: Counselor's Office
Time: After "The Lost Soul" [Cynan Mandrake - 15/05/02]

Jaav E'thexx and Cynan Mandrake had sat in complete silence for at least four
minutes. As a Counselor, Jaav always preferred to allow the patient to begin
the session. Perceptively, Jaav understood that with each passing second, Cynan
was getting that little bit closer to explaining why he had dropped in
unexpectedly.

Cyanan shuffled in his seat, Jaav said nothing, he moved over to the
replicator, not wanting to interrupt the silence he used the LCARS panel to
manually request a cup of hot Jamaican coffee. Cynan had seemed under a great
deal of stress when he entered the room, the quiet and relaxed environment was
intended to allow him to calm down. The tone of his first few words made it
clear that this was not the case.

Mandrake: I'm not even supposed to be here!

Jaav plaecd the coffee cup on the saucer upon the low table nearest his coach.

E'thexx: As I said before Cynan, it's not a problem if you feel the need for an
unscheduled appointment.

Mandrake gave a grunt of dissaproval.

Mandrake: I meant, I'm not supposed to be aboard the Vanguard. I'm supposed to
catch the next transport from here to Albion prime.

E'thexx: Captain Santos and Commander Soman gave me the impression you had
already left.

There was hesitation, Jaav had been keeping a close eye on Cynan, he knew he
had not left, the transporter and shuttle logs told him that much. Jaav was
hoping to encourage Cynan to reveal why he had decided to stay, at least for a
short while.

Cyanan glanced about the office, it was apparent that he was beginning to feel
enclosed, trapped and under pressure despite Jaav's best efforts.

E'thexx: We can continue this another time if you'd pref...

Cynan became more forthcoming, blurting out his response.

Mandrake: I didn't want to leave without talking to She'ra first.

Jaav let out an internal sigh of relief, he had an opportunity to help Cynan,
now he had chosen to open up about his concerns.

E'thexx: Have you already tried talking to her?

Mandrake: Yes, once, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She'ra was waiting
for me, in the holodeck, I turned back and left just as I was about to reach
her.

Jaav resisted the urge to pick up his PADD and begin making notes. In some
situations he believed it distracted the client, which made the process more
clinical and sterile, this was perhaps one of them.

E'thexx: Why did you turn back?

Mandrake: I'm not sure, it just didn't feel right. I had this uncontrollable
urge to run away from her, to get away from this whole situation, in some ways
I was scared she wouldn't want me.

Jaav hesitated nefore making a response, he constructed his advice carefully.

E'thexx: It seems that you're perhaps having issues with your sense of self
validation and self worth. You're scared that She'ra won't accept you, and what
you've been through, because you don't yet accept yourself Cynan. I might be
wrong but I don't really think it's She'ra you are trying to run away from. She
reminds you of the way you were before you were partially assimilated. You need
to first resolve the conflicts inside yourself.

Jaav stopped, and looked at Cynan, waiting for a response. Jaav was unsure what
the reaction might be to his 'summary', sometimes Cynan could be unpredictable.
Cynan stood quietly, he straightened out his uniform and looked Jaav E'thexx in
the eye.

Mandrake: Thank you Counselor.

With that, Cynan Mandrake left. He was an enigma, Jaav wondered if his advice
had helped.

END

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org