[USS Vanguard] Progress...yeah right

  • From: lela chambers <ensignkhan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:20:57 -0700 (PDT)

She'ra paced her room with a scowl on her face. Her
brother was sitting on her bed and staring at with
that knowing look on his face.  She stopped pacing and
looked at him.

She'ra: Yes. I'm sorry I freaked out at Jay. Is that
what you want to hear?
Je'ka: I didn't say anything. You did.

She'ra growled and started pacing again.  Suddenly she
felt two strong arms on her shoulders. She turned
around alert.

Je'ka: You need to stop doing this to yourself sister.
 I know you hate it when I fight your battles for you
She'ra: No Je'ka Khan! Stay out of it. I can deal with
Je'ka: I can see you can.
She'ra: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Before Je'ka could answer a knock came at the door and
Jay stuck his head in.

She'ra: Great..
Jay: It's good to see you too She'ra.
Je'ka: Jay, not now.
Jay: I just wanted to say I'm sorry for lastnight. I
had no right to have said anything about you and Lt.
She'ra: It's fine, It's just I'm trying to find
anything to make me hate him but no matter what I find
I can't hate him.
Je'ka: I think I'll go make you guys a drink.

Je'ka left. She'ra sat down with Jay beside her.

She'ra: Just one thing, I need to find something to
make me hate him so that I won't have to think about
him so much.
Jay: It's never easy Shini, but why try to hate him,
when you obviously don't?
She'ra: At least if I hate him, I will be able to go
through a day without seeing his face in my breakfast,
lunch and dinner.
Jay: Look, I know it's hard for you but, and I know I
have no right to say this but, give him a break.

She'ra got up and began to pace again.

Jay: Sit Shini you're driving me nuts.
She'ra: I'm sorry, but I can't help it. I need him out
of my head.
Jay: I could help you there!
She'ra: Nice try.

They both laugh.

Jay: See, you smiled. You have to do more of that by
the way. So had lunch yet?
She'ra: Nope but I was thinking I could get a round of
boxing in before.
Jay: Is that an invite?
She'ra: Bring it on!

Lt. (jg)She'ra Khan