[USS Vanguard] Santos Ceremony

  • From: "Alexa Bauer" <bykovbauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:20:06 -0500

OOC:

I am really lost! Unbelievably lost. I have not been keeping up in any of my
sim worlds - it happens to all of us. I reread Andy's post on May 5th...ages
ago and noticed that we have not had a ceremony for Santos yet. I know that
we are all posting as our characters and what they have been doing, but I
want to stick in a post giving Santos an official promotion. This does not
take place at any coherent time, but I wanted to post it =) Go ahead and
hack it Andy...I'll have the Vanguard scanning for life on Pluto!
heheheheehe ;)

The characters I will be using are real characters from Gamma Fleet Command.
And to make matters worse, I am using the characters without contacting all
of the people who created them - a major faux pas. Oh well, shoot me!

Time for some fun ~

IC:

<USS Vanguard>

Captain Santos was seated at his desk reading up on the latest tactical
developments from the USS Devastator. The ship recently discovered a new
defense strategy against the Borg.

=/\= "Captain, incoming transmission from the USS Benedict." Tails piped
over a comm link.

Santos looked puzzled, the Benedict was a science vessel and the Vanguard
had no plans to rendezvous, =/\= "Put it through."

The blank screen on the wall was replaced by a Bajoran male in a marine
uniform. "Greetings Captain Santos, I am Major Kent War'In, First Officer,
of the USS Benedict."

Santos smiled, "Major. How can I help you?" Santos was one that got right to
business.

"I am sending coordinates on behalf of Gamma Fleet Command. You are to alter
course and rendezvous in 48 hours." The Bajoran spoke more as an officer
than a marine.

"This sounds a little sketchy Major. With whom am I going to rendezvous?"
Santos questioned.

War'In answered, "It is classified."

"Who ordered the course alteration?"

Again the Bajor answered plainly, "My commanding officer."

Santos nodded.

"Benedict out."

Santos sat for a moment puzzled and pulled up the crew roster of the USS
Benedict. He could not remember who exactly was the commanding officer.
There were so many ships. He read the crew manifest.

"Rear Admiral Liana Xavian." He spoke out loud. He never met the woman. He
turned off the computer and headed for the bridge.

On the bridge, Dellan Kye was in command. It was the late shift. Sitting
next to him was Dr. Droin. The two were talking quietly.

Santos nodded to the two, "Helm, change course to heading 167 mark 23.
Maximum warp."

"Change of plans?" Kye spoke.

"Not my choice." Santos returned.

<USS Benedict>

Liana Xavian was in the reception room of the USS Benedict. Typically, the
Nova class ship (http://ussbenedict.tripod.com/novaimages.htm) would not
have a luxurious reception room. Due to Xavian's position in Gamma Fleet,
the Benedict entertained many diplomats and prestigious guests. This time it
was no exception. Flanked outside the Benedict was the Nebula class
Indefatigable and the Intrepid class Exupery.

Seated around the table was the high command staff and department heads of
Gamma Fleet. Admirals Emilio Diaz and Spero des Agnes and Fleet Captains
Chad Dameworth and David Kippling. Also present was Fleet Advisors, Admirals
Savessh and Liana Xavian. Behind each of them stood a marine guard. Around
the table the department heads were also present they included Lts Sean
Flaherty (Engineering) and D'Vark (Intelligence), Col Dallen Savoy
(Marines), and Cmdr Madelayne Dorn (Diplomatic Corps).

The six officers and department heads were gathered on the Benedict to
discuss the status of the fleet. The dinner was relatively quiet from
Xavian's point of view. No one had been injured...yet.

<Later on the Vanguard.>

"Captain, we are approaching the set coordinates and sensors have picked up
three vessels." Tails warned.

The senior officers were all on the bridge and most looked puzzled. "Can you
determine the vessels?"

"Signatures show they are the USS Benedict, Indefatigable, and Exupery."
Soman piped.

"Hail the Benedict." Santos ordered.

"They are receiving us."

"On screen."

The three vessels were replaced by the bridge of the newest vessel in Gamma
Fleet. A civilian was addressing the Vanguard.

=/\= "Greetings Captain Santos, crew of the Vanguard. I am Dallas Hunter,
personal attache to Admiral Liana Xavian."

Santos almost rolled his eyes, a personal attache? On a vessel? =/\= "Thank
you for the greetings. I was expecting to speak with the Admiral."

Hunter smiled, =/\= "The Admiral is indisposed at the moment, however please
have your command staff beam over to the Benedict." The screen went blank.

"This is weird." Santos stated. It received a chuckle from Droin as a reply.

"Soman, Zena, you are with me." The officers left the bridge and headed for
the transporter room.

<Benedict>

Within moments the crew from the Vanguard were standing on the Benedict's
transporter pad. Santos recognized Hunter who approached him with a hand
stretched, "Captain, welcome."

"Thank you, these are my officers Soman Drath and Zena Quentan." The
officers exchanged pleasantries with the attache.

In the corner a figure emerged, Dallas spoke, "Captain, may I present Vice
Admiral Savessh."

The figure moved closer and she bowed slightly, "Welcome to the Benedict."

"Admiral." Santos greeted her.

"The others are waiting for you." Savessh moved towards the door and all
followed.

Shortly after the Vanguard officers were escorted to a lounge filled with
high ranking officials. Soman Drath and Zena Quentan felt a little out of
place.

The woman from the Benedict's crew manifest stood first and walked up to
Santos. Her hand was extended and she had a bright smile, "Dominic," She
addressed him as though they were long time friends, "welcome to my ship."

"Admiral." He took her hand.

"In this room we are equals, call me Liana."

"Thank you," Santos replied, "My officers Soman Drath and Zena Quentan."

Liana could feel uneasiness in the officers. She moved toward them and held
out her hand, "welcome to the Benedict. My ship is your ship."

After lengthy introductions Santos met all of the high command staff and
department heads.

Diaz spoke, "I apologize for calling you off your current mission to this
meeting, but it truly is a momentous occasion and one that must take
precedence." He raised a glass, "We welcome Fleet Captain Dominic Santos to
the position of Task Force Commanding Officer." The officers raised their
glasses in a toast. "While not all of the commanding officers could be
present at this ceremony, they all send their well wishes and greetings.
Especially those from the Challenger, Sky Dancer, Falcon, and FAST."

The formal ceremony took place with a changing of Santos' collar pips. After
the festivities, the officers were given the opportunity to "mingle."

Xavian approached Santos, "You have always had an important position in the
fleet, Dominic. Do not feel that because you are a Task Force Fleet Captain,
you were nothing before. Just as Soman Drath and Zena Quentan are crucial to
the survival of the fleet and all we stand for."

Santos nodded.

"I do not envy your position." As she spoke Savessh and Savoy approached
them.

"Why is that?" Santos questioned.

"You are now the Task Force Commanding Officer overseeing the Federation
Anti-Terrorism Strike Force." She spoke.

"I have not had any negative experience with FAST." He smiled. "What about
your first officer?"

She smiled, "I truly have a gift with my crew. I have all the faith in Major
War'In."

Savoy spoke, "The Admiral has a..." He looked to Savessh.

"Disdain?" She spoke in monotone.

Savoy nodded, "disdain for the philosophy."

Santos smiled slightly.

"They are merely teaming up against me. I have not disdain for FAST." She
spoke plainly. "As long as I have no control over them."

Santos laughed. It was a good group in which to be indoctrinated.

"Congratulations Fleet Captain Dominic Santos." Xavian squeezed his arm,
"Congratulations and good luck."

Alexa Bauer (Bykov)

YahooPager: DrBykov
MSNMessenger: bykovbauer