[USS Vanguard] OoC: Santos' Relationship vis-a-vis USS Birmingham (& Sundry)

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:17:21 -0800 (PST)

I had meant to follow-up my last RP post with this link, but it was
lunchtime, and I got lazy. Anyway, here's the link to the post that
established what happened to Capt. Santos:

http://www.topica.com/lists/astoria/read/message.html?mid=301166014&sort=d&start=438

A little background on some of our characters. I know how hard it is to
get the drift of everyone, especially when you're playing with a new
group:

CAPT. SANTOS last served on the USS Gauntlet, which was destroyed in a
Breen ambush near the Dominion Neutral Zone. Except for Santos, all
crew died in the assault that stranded Santos on a class-L planet for
six months. He was rescued by the USS BIRMINGHAM.

FIRST OFFICER SOMAN DRATH is a former freedom fighter of the Bajoran
Resistance. He was also assimilated by the Borg. (Long story.)

SECOND OFFICER ZENA QUETAN is our second Second Officer. She was
engaged in a dispute on her homeworld against the Commission, who were
creating artificial symbiotes. It remains an unresolved and ongoing
storyline.

DENVILLE D'ANGELO is the second coming of Eric, who played Vulcan
helmsman Nirsh an'Kharh ("NiaK") on our old sim, the Astoria (may she
rest).

CYNAN MANDRAKE is a bit of a scruffy-looking nerf herder (Sorry, Mark.
;) ) turned Starfleet pilot. He has a bit of a dodgy past that has
never been fully revealed, although we get glimpses of it from time to
time.

CONNOR VOGEL is the second coming of Geurt, who played Chief Engineer
Vokar on the old Astoria sim.

Not only is ROCH CHASE one of our newest players, but he's not a
customer I want to meet in a dark alley. Intel officers need to have a
bad-ass streak, though. ;)

Wild man SAM MCCAW was our first stellar cartographer and is now the
Ops Manager/Chief Engineer. He has taken a leave of absence to pursue
his university studies. (Come back soon, Alec!)

HIGHWAIJ is rock steady. Peter-Jan has played with us nearly from the
beginning and has switched positions a few times. Currently, he is our
very excellent Comms officer.

KIERAN DARKWATER is the intelligent, aloof, brilliant and witty A&A
Officer. He seems to have forgotten more Federation lore than most of
us will ever know.

Not only is XRISTHA DROIN a big muck-a-muck with Gamma Fleet, our
umbrella organization, but she's also one of the founding players of
the old Astoria. We recently talked her back into the game, and will
tie her down to a chair to make sure she doesn't leave. ;)

Counselor JAAV E'THEXX is another witty and intelligent player who
writes brilliantly. (But then, I could say that for just about anyone
in this game.) The last we saw ZENA AND JAAV, Zena was having dinner
with the good counselor. Inquiring minds want to know what's going on
with those two. ;)

SHE'RA KHAN will soon be another character, methinks. But the player
stays the same. She's been our heart and soul lately, keeping the game
going in the right direction when times were slow. Hopefully, those
times are over. I know SHE'RA will continue to be good things for us,
no matter what character she turns out to be.

We found DESDEMONA BARRETT-BROWN in a torpedo casing, ejected into
space by the Ferengi. They chased her for a while, and why not? She's a
fantastic writer and player, and the thought that she's going to be
more active fills me with happy anticipation.

A few other things you ought to know:

1. When we refer to the ASTORIA, we refer to the sim our characters
inhabited before the ASTORIA was decommissioned and became the
VANGUARD.

2. Dead or retired players include Kristen Stark, the tactical genius
who was at Capt. Lee's (USS Astoria) side through most of the Astoria's
missions and all too briefly at Santos' side. Soman Drath has been an
absolutely brilliant XO, though.

3. The Vanguard, like all great Star Trek series, have recently been
plagued by the presence of the Vorgon (seen in the TNG episode
"Captain's Holiday."). The Vorgon had once captured and interrogated
Qbed and also suddenly appeared during our last mission, AIDING the
Vanguard rather than hurting its crew.

Their motives remain mysterious. Other constant threats include: our
"Mirror, Mirror" universe counterparts, as well as the Borg-assimilated
versions of the Astoria crew and Capt. Piers St. Cloud, who has lusted
for command of the Vanguard, and has tried to sabotage Santos ever
since he was humiliated at Starbase Brigadoon. (Still with us?
Wondering what you've gotten yourself into? ;) )

4. This is Qbed's (Q^3 or "Cubed", as she is the third major Q)
reappearance after an absence. And I'm glad to have her back! She's a
lot of fun to write with, and a heck of a friend off the email list.

Thanks,

Andy

http://tax.yahoo.com
Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221