[USS Vanguard] Lost Soul

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:41:32 -0000

Lt. JG. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: USS Vanguard; Crew Quarters, Bridge.
Time: During "Kye: Quoestions" (Seth).

[Crew Quarters]
The day after was horrid, it was always horrid. A night out full of people
laughing and enjoying themselves was all well and good, but come the morning
after and he felt alone.

Swivelling round he placed his feet on the cold floor and sat up on her bed,
wondering if today would be like most of the others. Passing a glance to his
bedside table to retrieve his ring and necklace, her eyes caught his gaze.

It was a strange picture of her and he'd always thought so. Her face was in
focus, but the background not. It gave it an almost three dimensional aspect
and if he stared in just the right way, he felt like he was almost there, like
the picture was alive, like she was still alive, like he could just reach out
and touch her.

There were no words to describe the way he felt. She was more then anything
he'd ever known, she just simply was.

For a moment time almost stood still. He was transfixed on her beauty, never to
let go... but then time moved on, as it always did, as he still had to do.
Letting out a great gasp for air he picked himself up and headed for the shower.

[Bridge]
The senior staff was at the briefing. He liked times like those. He could let
her rip [The ship] without worrying about anyone battering an eyelid. He could
fly her his way.

Still lost in thought from this morning still, he wanted to be free, to be set
free. Later, he'd have to take a trip to the holodeck and go for the extreme..
and then perhaps after that, he'd go see.. 'Hmm she'd be on the planet by
then', or perhaps not.

Just then the senior officers had left the briefing and were returning to their
posts on the bridge. He shook of his thoughts and got back his mind back onto
the job.

OoC: I'm decided I'm going to post more.. even if its pretty much non-mission
related lol. Fills in what the characters doing anyways! And gives me something
to do. :)

Also my apologies concerning mistakes in my last post, and *kicks himself* for
leaving out some stuff out that I wanted to have in it.. lol like the actual
"ghost" part during the end.

I also would like to thank you all for making this one of the best SIMs.. not
that I can really talk as I've only really been in one other, but I like it all
the same. Well done everyone. Your the best!

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org