[ncsc-moths] Re: everything you wanted to know about lights/sheets

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:20:40 -0800 (PST)

I have some strong halogen lights on my back porch that are there to light up
the area around my swimming pool. When I'm in mothing mode, I'll turn them and
my blacklights on about an hour before it gets dark and then about an hour
after
dark I turn off the halogens. The bright lights pull bugs into the area and
then
when they're turned off, everything goes to the blacklights.

Here's an album showing how well the halogens attract bugs.
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/Rods/

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County