[ncsc-moths] Re: Unidentified Tortricid Moth

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:45:55 -0500

Harry,

I agree your bug is in the subfamily Eucosmini; the closest match I see on
MPG is #2946, Phaneta apacheana.  However, the name suggests it is a western
species and the closest record to here is from OK.

I got a report from Parker Backstrom that he too is seeing
Rhyacionia--they're all over the place!  Like you, he thinks his bug most
resembles R. duplana.  Here we go again!

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm