[ncsc-moths] Re: Locust Twig Borer Moth

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:39:22 -0400

I record it here in the mountains from mid-May to mid-July.  According to
Gilligan et al, Olethreutine Moths of the midwestern U.S., the larvae bore
in twigs of black locust attacking new growth primarily.  Last instar
larvae overwinter in leaf litter with adults emerging in the spring.  Two
generations/year in the south.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch