[ncsc-moths] Re: Locust Twig Borer Moth

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:16:27 -0400

I've seen them in April, May and August.

Larry

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:39:22 -0400
Subject: [ncsc-moths] Re: Locust Twig Borer Moth
From: jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I record it here in the mountains from mid-May to mid-July.  According to
Gilligan et al, Olethreutine Moths of the midwestern U.S., the larvae bore in
twigs of black locust attacking new growth primarily.  Last instar larvae
overwinter in leaf litter with adults emerging in the spring.  Two
generations/year in the south.

Merrill

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM, kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All my records from last year were in middle to late July.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County
http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths