[ncolug] Re: for Apple fans

  • From: tech4u <techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 21:06:28 -0500

But remember that Vista had several types of it like Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, etc and they all ran differently on the same hardware. The only ones that worked half way decently were the Premium and Ultimate. There was still the memory issue with all the following Windows always needing more and more to run. The other note is that it really doesn't matter what new OS (Windows, MAC, Droid, IOS, or Linux), running on old hardware it will run slower because the new OS is designed for the latest hardware no matter who it is. The Iphone 4s is behind the 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, etc. That is at least 5 hardware revs back, how do you expect it to run well on IOS 9 when it came with a version of IOS 6 (I think maybe 5) when it came out. I have been trying to recover a 5c that crapped out when the customer was trying to back it up with Itunes and Itunes inadvertently forced an IOS upgrade. So the lawsuit in this day and age of technology over speed and such probably really won't go anywhere in the end just waste time and money. Now I am a Mac fan but that really is because the equipment and OS are made/designed for each other. I'll go for now.

Cory

--
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they
do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -- Putt's Law

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into
the impossible. -- Arthur C. Clarke

On 12/30/15 1:10 PM, Larry DiGioia wrote:

*Someone finally sues Apple for purposefully making older iPhones run slower with latest iOS upgrades*

It’s one of the dirtiest secret in consumer electronics, but we all know it’s true: As Apple updates iOS, it purposefully designs the system to run poorly on older iPhones and other iOS devices so that users will be forced to buy new devices. (By contrast, every version of Windows since 2006’s Windows Vista runs faster and uses fewer resources on the same hardware.) And now, someone is finally suing them for this behavior. Chaim Lerman has fileda class action lawsuit against Apple <http://www.scribd.com/doc/294247024/IOS-9-Slows-iPhone-4S-Complaint>in New York, alleging that the firm engages in “deceptive trade practices and false advertising” by “significantly slowing down” customers’ iPhones when they upgrade to the latest iOS version. It’s about time someone called them on their BS.

--
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."
William James