[ncolug] Re: for Apple fans

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:41:59 -0500

I found it amusing how headphone manufacturers were getting around your
quality in terms of weight test by just building in ballast.

Michael K.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Larry DiGioia <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*Someone finally sues Apple for purposefully making older iPhones run
slower with latest iOS upgrades*

It’s one of the dirtiest secret in consumer electronics, but we all know
it’s true: As Apple updates iOS, it purposefully designs the system to run
poorly on older iPhones and other iOS devices so that users will be forced
to buy new devices. (By contrast, every version of Windows since 2006’s
Windows Vista runs faster and uses fewer resources on the same hardware.)
And now, someone is finally suing them for this behavior. Chaim Lerman has
filed a class action lawsuit against Apple
<http://www.scribd.com/doc/294247024/IOS-9-Slows-iPhone-4S-Complaint>in
New York, alleging that the firm engages in “deceptive trade practices and
false advertising” by “significantly slowing down” customers’ iPhones when
they upgrade to the latest iOS version. It’s about time someone called them
on their BS.

--
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."

William James