[ncolug] Re: eBay pictures with Linux

  • From: Michael Knisely <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:16:52 -0500

Well, I'm curious as to the package name then:

picasa_3.0-current_amd64.deb

It sure seems to insinuate that it will work.

I don't have a box on which to try this... all my 64 bit machines are
loaded with a 32-bit Linux.  Anyone have a spare AMD-64 box sitting
around to try this?

Mike K.

http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/pool/non-free/p/picasa/picasa_3.0-current_amd64.deb

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 21:03 -0500, Mike wrote:
> Michael Knisely wrote:
> > Yes, Picasa is not FOSS and you are completely correct that it's using
> > Wine to run the Windows binary under Linux.  That being said, it's a
> > slick app and I personally like it quite a bit more than any of the FOSS
> > apps.  I also have not had any performance issues with it despite it
> > using Wine.
> >
> > Regarding running on x64, this is from the Picasa FAQ:
>
> > Mike K.
> >

>  From the 2nd question in the FAQ
>
> Q:  What versions of Linux does Picasa support?
>
> Picasa should run on any x86-compatible Linux system
>
> This means IA64 not AMD64.
>
> It will NOT run on his box there is a difference.
>
> Mike
>
> Also installing the ia32 libs isn't going to help either.

> Subject field.

Subject field.