[ncolug] Re: eBay pictures with Linux

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:48:39 -0500

Michael Knisely wrote:
How'bout something EXACTLY like Picassa?

http://picasa.google.com/linux/

F-Spot is also able to do basic editing and color correction as well.

Mike K.

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 17:00 -0500, hbkeultjes wrote:
Anyone out there using something like Picture Project or Picassa that is
a Linux program.

At least two strikes I see for Picassa. One Henry is running on AMD64, Picassa is only supported on x86. Two it isn't open source. Three it's hardly native Linux either, they are running the Winders app via a know working (for Picassa) version of wine.

What he really wants is something that will get pictures off his camera, have a learning curve that is much lower than Gimp. Granted Gimp will work but, it's much more than he needs to use or learn. Oh, it also really needs to be OSS, AMD64, and ultimately in a Debian repository so that I don't have to build/maintain it.

Mike

Subject field.