[ncolug] Re: eBay pictures with Linux

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:03:50 -0500

Michael Knisely wrote:
Yes, Picasa is not FOSS and you are completely correct that it's using
Wine to run the Windows binary under Linux.  That being said, it's a
slick app and I personally like it quite a bit more than any of the FOSS
apps.  I also have not had any performance issues with it despite it
using Wine.

Regarding running on x64, this is from the Picasa FAQ:

Mike K.

From the 2nd question in the FAQ

Q:  What versions of Linux does Picasa support?

Picasa should run on any x86-compatible Linux system

This means IA64 not AMD64.

It will NOT run on his box there is a difference.

Mike

Also installing the ia32 libs isn't going to help either.

Subject field.