[ncolug] Re: Keyboards

  • From: Henry Keultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NCOLUG <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:58:39 -0500

Chuck Stickelman wrote:

Henry Keultjes wrote:

TodayI picked up some Compaq RT101 PS/2 KB's because they don't have the microsoft logos on them.

If anyone has any of those non-Microsoft logo KB's around, would you be willing to trade me or trade two of mine for one of yours? They don't have to be Compaq brand so could be HP, IBM or Dell as long as they are PS/2 or USB and don't have the Microsoft logos on them meaning that they are not windows KB's, whatever that means.

It doesn't mean anything. A keyboard w/ the Windows keys will work like any other keyboard. The extra keys generate the same sorts of scan codes as any other keys. If Pick works with the PC's hardware, then it should work with those keyboards. If the Windows logo is a problem (I'd rather not have it either...) then you could pop off the keycap and replace it with a blank one. There's a cottage industry for just that sort of thing...

Understood. However, I like the idea that those keys are not there at all and thus solves the problem of my not wanting those logos there either.

Henry

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield

Chuck