[ncolug] Re: Tandberg SLR5 tape drive

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:53:27 -0500

I have seen them. Old, expensive technology. I saw one recently and checked to see if tapes are available for them, this one was a 50GB, and yes, tapes are available. I advised the customer to get rid of it though. The tapes won't be around much longer.

Henry Keultjes wrote:

Anyone have experience with this drive? Have accessories like the 4/8gb tapes,the SCSI controller card or manuals?

I am planning on using this with native Pick where I cannot use the Sony 8mm drives.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always
been in excess of the demand.

                               Josh Billings