[ncolug] Henry's Linux Printer problems solved with Brother

  • From: Henry Keultjes <keultjesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:00:24 -0500

First, when the old HP conked out from old age, I could not get the Canon to work.

Bought an HP 401dne for about $200 but could not get it to work except when Mike was on the premises. The minute his truck hit the street it did funny things like eating a half a ream ream of paper with one liners and/or garbage.

On recommendation from an Ubuntu author I bought a Brother HL-L2320D for $59.99 at Office Max. It would not install in KDE but within a day I had instructions from Brother that did the job by going into Command Line mode.

In the meantime I received a reply for the same Ubuntu author stating that due to the many different distributions and different graphics engines, Brother's approach is not unreasonable and Mike Bell has promised to teach me how to do it myself!

BTW, email me if you want a copy of those instructions.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA

Subject field.