[ncolug] Re: Help with Canon Imagageclass LBP6230dw printer on Debian/Cups

  • From: Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:54:46 +0000

I agree with Chuck here... I have a Brother laser printer, and it works
quite well. HP printers have done well in the past.

Rob

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:49 PM Chuck <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 10:13 -0400, Henry Keultjes wrote:

Mike worked on this untill he pulled all his hair out!

Last year I installed a Canon D420 and with the help of a Canon Linux
techy got it to work fine. Alicia wanted the copier function so she has
the D420 and I bought the 6230

It prints a test page. It has occasionally printed other things.

Now Canon says they have no Linux support.

Does someone have an Ubuntu system that we could try this on?

Henry Keultjes <keultjesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Mansfield Ohio USA
Direct 419-525-1111

Subject field.

According to this page
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Canon/Canon-BJC-6200 it's not well
supported, but you should be able to get something out of it. For my money
it's HP or Brother for printing under Linux. I will not even begin to look
at LexMark, and Canon has been tough in the past as well.