[ncolug] Re: Bad Ubuntu

  • From: nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 13:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 5/3/13, Mike <> wrote:

> From: Mike <>
> Subject: [ncolug] Bad Ubuntu
> To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Friday, May 3, 2013, 6:02 PM
> I won't hammer on anyone for running
> Linux.  The latest (kinda) rounds from Canonical will
> likely keep me from ever looking at it again.
>
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/09/online-shopping-features-arrive-in-ubuntu-12-10
>
> Yes, I really want my OS searching Amazon for me, pushing
> their music and cloud services as well.  Bleh!
> Never mind that the color scheme looks like a grade school
> project.  Just color me blue, cause Debian defaults to
> a decent color scheme and layout, plus I know what the hell
> I'm getting.
>
> Mike

had read about the RMS complaint about spyware a while ago.
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/03/25/richard-stallman-slams-ubuntu-over-amazon-integration-calls-it-spyware/

also read Jono's reply
http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/12/07/on-richard-stallman-and-ubuntu/

any linux distro that has "features"  that will need removal by an advanced
user is a nuisance .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance
"Nuisance is one of the oldest causes of action known to the common law,"

i predict Ubuntu will fix the problem.

Subject field.