[ncolug] Re: Bad Ubuntu

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 22:34:24 -0400

On 05/03/2013 09:30 PM, Larry DiGioia wrote:
Yep, I have been leaning toward Mint the past year, but I am going to switch my main machine in a few weeks.

I got to use Mint with cinnamon briefly. Really not my cup of tea, but it is very clean. The hardware I installed it on was minimal at best. Gnome shell is still rather disruptive to my work habits. Seems your always having to move the mouse from one side of the screen to the other. I still fail to see how any of the new desktop environment help the user out. Seems to me it takes more steps just to simply find an application and launch it than ever before.

Mike

Subject field.