[ncolug] Re: Bad Ubuntu

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 08:40:31 -0400

I really don't see this as a big issue.  In 12.10 "fixing" this issue was
as simple as removing a package as the article states.  In 13.04 they have
included a tab in the security settings to disable this feature with a
simple toggle.

Ubuntu is giving the world a fantastic distribution for free, I don't see
any issue with them trying to bring in some revenue to help offset that
cost.  I also prefer the default Ubuntu color scheme to Mint's shocking
green.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess... I should point
out that I have a red/green colorblindness that may play into that.

What does irk me about Ubuntu and Mint is their not working within the
greater community on display manager and X11 replacement, but that's a
subject for another thread.

Mike K.