[naturalrabbit] Re: Frodo

  • From: "Brenda Bennett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("bennettbs")
  • To: naturalrabbit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:36:25 -0500

Here’s pic of his situation this morning.
You can see at the bottom of the photo near his foot where the fur was wet. I don’t know if the diaper wasn’t on right or is too big or if it was when he started peeing as I was taking it off. At least it was a different area and the skin seemed okay
 It’s better overall, you can’t see but I see a couple small (like smaller than a pencil eraser) spots that are red and where the scabs or whatever came off with the washcloth on Wednesday (I thought it was cornstarch clumps but guess not).   Also there is redness in the fur line along the perimeter of the bald area. I put SDD ointment on but need to trim the fur there somehow, comb it, clean it and more ointment later. Maybe my brand new little eyebrow battery operated shaver would trim it. I d on’t want to do a whole butt bath that was such an ordeal and I think made it worse and was so hard to get the fur dry. and he’s not got poop in it since I started  diapers at night.

-BrendaSent from my iPhone

On Dec 3, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Janet G <wildharerescue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for letting us know Brenda. Oh Micah use to pull his off. It was so hard keeping on because he had no back feet which was quite a challenge.
Love Janet
On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 7:30 AM Brenda Bennett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I’ve only been using the SDD so far until the redness is gone. Then I was doing to try Ad ointment no zinc formula.
His diaper fell off last night and when i checked on him kn the middle of the night he was wet. I was so upset! His fur was wet but the bedding wasn’t soaked so i don’t know how he got wet. So I took a towel and lightly pressed against the bare skin areas, blotted the fur that was wet, then rubbed some cornstarch into the wet fur and massaged it until it was fully dry. I hope it didn’t get stuck in any remaining SDD ointment that may have got rubbed into the fur. I didn’t feel like the fur was sticky so I’m hoping it’s all good. Then I put a new diaper on him and it’s still on. I slept in late I was so tired. Hoping he’s dry under his diaper. I’ll check it out soon and send a pic and update to everyone. .

-BrendaSent from my iPhone

JPEG image