[nas-2000] Re: NFS Write problems / lockups

  • From: "Christian Wolf" <wolfchri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:14:35 +0200

Sorry, me again:

I assume that it is not possible to telnet to the Icy without
installing your alternative firmware, right? I have the new 2.32beta
firmware from Raidsonic, the Samba preexec hack does not work here,
according to the wiki. That leaves me with the only option to install
your  customized firmware in order to get telnetd running?

Thank you very much,

Christian

2007/5/18, Christian Wolf <wolfchri@xxxxxxxxx>:
Ok, thank you - I will try to get your firmware up and running it
without backup and look what I can do with a script (and will not
blame anybody if my data gets lost :-) Will need to learn more about
NFS before I do that, I guess.

OT: Re-Mastering Ubuntu is basically nothing more than switching to a
clean chroot Ubuntu environment, doing your changes (apt-get install
xxx etc., change /etc/skel etc. and then re-pack it into .ISO.

If you use Reconstructor then this is IMHO simpler than tweaking the Icy :-)
http://reconstructor.aperantis.com/  --> makes a lot of fun, the
possibilities are unlimited, together with VMware and loooooots of HD
space, you can create the craziest Ubuntu derivatives.