[nas-2000] Re: NAS really dead, any ideas?

  • From: flipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:02:40 +0200

Am Freitag, den 27.07.2007, 10:47 +0200 schrieb Julius Loman:
On Friday 27 July 2007 10:30, flipstar@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > hi

> > > how exactly did you perform the upgrade ? you don't have to program the
> > > boot code ! there are several "partitions" on the flash and you need to
> > > program only two of them.
> > >
> > > the other solution is to program the whole flash. (but with another
> > > file!) it looks like you did the second solution with the files for the
> > > first solution.

> > You can order a serial cable that should work for _free_ from raidsonic...
> Yes.. i cannot wait for it :) I've got a mail yesterday saying that the cable
> was sent to me :-)

jap me too ...

anyway for those of you how got the usbport working and a usb-serial cable at
home you can use the following script to autoload the usb-serial
modules.

Note:

1. ipkg-cl install mod-<your-serial-module>
2. create a file in /system/overlay/rc.d/S03Modules
        with this ... content
----------8<-------------8<-----------
#!/bin/sh
#
# the modules will be loaded from left to right
# so you'll have to make sure they are in the right
# order!!!
#
# If you need the pl2303 module
# change ftdi-sio.ko to pl2303.ko
MODULE="usbserial.ko ftdi-sio.ko"

# Path to the modules
MODPATH="/system/overlay/modules"

for i in $MODULE; do
    if [ -e $MODPATH/$i ]; then
        insmod $MODPATH/$i
        echo "loading module: $i"
        #
        # give the kernel some time to init the module
        sleep 2
    else
        echo "ERROR: $i not found in /system/overlay/modules/"
    fi
done

3. change permissions chmod +x /system/overlay/rc.d/S03Modules