[nas-2000] MRT Firmware & Busybox

  • From: gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000 freelists <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:52:48 +0100

Hello,

Within my home network I have a Dual HDD NAS (SATA) with two hard drives,
currently running MRT firmware version G5S50033B34 with TELNET access; I would
like to install Optware, in order to install other IPKG packages.

Can I upgrade the version of Busybox which comes with the MRT Firmware, to one
which includes some SSH commands, without losing any existing facilities (e.g.
RAID)?

This would, hopefully, allow me to install Optware and other IPKG packages; any
suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

George

100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/