[nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS

  • From: "Faye Pearson" <faye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:07:51 +0100

> I'm suffering quite a lot of dropped packets which is affecting upload
> speed.
How did you notice (ifconfig?)

Yep, that's right.  Although I've checked the other useful procfiles
too.  My guess is that the CPU is maxed out and that's what's causing
the problem.

Has anyone tried overclocking the processor?  Isn't this possible in
software with the StrongARM?

A few day ago I had an interesting talk on arm.linux.org.uk
and somebody pointed out that pcengines will soon have an new board
(storlink based) so with some luck the slXXXX will soon be supported
by the mainstream kernel :-)

That sounds like good news.

> What I'm interested in: tinky style upgrade for the firmware - ipkg
> handling, pluggable rc.* files. afpovertcp, firefly.

what is "afpovertcp"

appletalk filesharing protocol without appletalk :)  Basically the
modern mac filesharing protocol.  My network is mostly/all macs.

im looking for iscsi :-)

Not something I have experience of at low level, I'm afraid.

You may have noticed that tom (from this list) has a dualnas as well.
From the Quad NAS post?  Yes.  But I don't think that'll work with the
SATA version.

Faye