[nas-2000] Count me in!

  • From: "Stefan Krister" <stefan.krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:20:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

since wednesday I own a nas2000. Since yesterday it runs with tinky-
2_3_2-mu-02.2. That was a hard piece of work to get into the telnet.
Finally it let me in. Then, flashing only Application and Ramdisk as
mentioned in the Readme at 6. resulted in a 'unknown' behaviour. And
yes, there was a 2.x firmware already running.

After booting, the webserver runs, but shows only the 404-error page.
Several reflashings - changed tftp-Server from Windows to my Linux-
box, nothing helped.

So I decided at 11pm to flash the big file. Same result. O.k. I
thought - it's maybe too late to flash anything. So I'll give it
another chance today. But then it booted and took me into the web-
interface, twonky runs as well, ssh does it's job, ipkg runs - all
does as expected.

So - is that behaviour normal? Has anybody out there similar
experiencies?

The bootloader is able to do a xmodem download. Has anybody tried
that? I mean, a TTL<->RS232 converter is a very cheap thing - take a
look at www.pollin.de article #810036 (3,95 EUR). But it needs 5V
supply power. The picture at

http://flipstar.net/nas-2000/images/Serial_Port_Pinlayout.jpg

describes 3 pins - what about the 4th one? If it works, the telnet
procedure isn't needed anymore. No tftp too. Uploading with xmodem is
especially for the windows-only users out there easier than IP-address
changing, telnet and tftp.

I'll measure the 4th pin and try to get a xmodem upload.

Regards, Stefan