[nas-2000] RE : Re: NAS-2000 & DUAL HDD NAS

  • From: Samuel BURG <samuel_burg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:57:22 +0200 (CEST)

philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx> a écrit : Hi,

Samuel BURG wrote:
> Hello !
> I'm new here.
> I've just bought a "DUAL HDD NAS" (35HD-DUAL-NAS), very similar to the
> "NAS-2000". SO I post here, as there is not any "DUAL HDD NAS" forom or
> mailling list.
> It seems that there is an serial/RS-232 connection on the main bord of
> the NAS (see picture and comment at http://haukap.net/). The point is
> that I don't know a lot about RS-232 connection : how to connect to the
> box ? how to upload a working firmware using this connection ?
> I have allready search on the web, so I know that minicom is the
> software for that, it must be call with the -o flag, and that the
> com-port should be configure for 9600 8N1 connection.

Have you tried to access the bootloader with telnet???
See the README that comes with tinky -> the NAS-2000 firmware?

Yes I have tried this. The leds of the LAN card of the NAS says "Power, Link,
Act". The "Act" is flashing while I'm pinging the IP of the NAS (default IP, broadcast IP,  DHCP IP by MacAdress
but I never got any answer (while bootprocess and 3 min later). So as the
network layer of the nas seems to be down I can't telnet the NAS bootloader !

You can build your own serial cable see http://flipstar.net/myfaq

Thanks for the links.