[nas-2000] Re: Adding hdd to mrt dual-nas with tinky fw

  • From: Rob <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:48:32 +0100

2008/9/8 Philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>:

>> Ideally, I'd just love to extend the current filesystem across onto
>> the second drive, as I don't really want to have seperate shares... is
>> this possible?
>
> You could try to create symlinks but I guess that they will not work if
> you mount the fs via nfs. A more robust way might be to mount the new disks
> or dirs created on the new disk to the old hd.
>
> like:
>
> mkdir /mnt/ide1/disk2
> mount -o bind /mnt/ide3 /mnt/ide1/disk2

Yep, that worked, thanks!  I'd not heard of the bind option before.
Not quite a single filesystem spread across the discs, but good
enough, as I had two distinct catagories of data on that NAS.  Took
nearly 20 hours to copy 230GB of data across from one drive to the
other though ....

> If that works creat a small script that is executed during the system boot.

I tried creating /system/hddapp/etc/rc.d/S79mount.sh but it didn't
survive a reboot... I thought it might,  as that's on /dev/hda1 ...
where's the best place?

Thanks!!

Rob