[nanomsg] Re: The name service for nanomsg

  • From: Tim Dysinger <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 08:18:26 -1000

I hope nanomsg remains simple at it's core too.

You can (and people will) build these tools on top nanomsg.  I think nanomsg is
totally good right where it stands.

Your "Directory/Naming/Discovery" or "Consensus" or "Leader-Election" etc
algorithm may be not what I wanted since there are a number of ways to do these
kind of things.

How about companion projects ?

fictitious examples:
nanomsg-raft
nanomsg-paxos
nonomsg-zk
nonomsg-etcd

My $0.02

-Tim

Tim Dysinger | 808-212-3231 | PGP Public Key