[nanomsg] Re: RFC links

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:19:15 +0200

On 2013-08-11 00:12, jimmy frasche wrote:
Between TCPMUX and ETSN, all else being equal, ETSN is simpler and
doesn't have the built in "autoportscanner" HELP command.

On the other hand, TCPMUX is already defined, has a port assigned etc. No need to get it through IETF and IANA again.

I get the arguments for both sides about it being Internet-facing, so
as to that I will simply shrug.

For non-Internet facing internal network kinda stuff it's still a
great solution, regardless, so I cleaned up my code and pushed it to
github, if anyone wants to play with it:

https://github.com/JImmyFrasche/etsn

(warning: I only tested it with the example code in the readme)

Nice!

Still, AFAIU it works only inside a single process. What I would like to is to have is a daemon that would listen for incoming connections and then pass them via UNIX domain socket's SCM_RIGHTS feature to the registered *processes*.