[nanomsg] RFC links

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 07:29:57 +0200

Hi all,

I've spent few past days writing down the protocols underlying nanomsg. It's not the whole protocol suite, rather a cross-section through the protocol stack.

There are three documents so far:

https://raw.github.com/250bpm/nanomsg/master/rfc/sp-tcp-mapping-01.txt

This RFC describes a thin layer on top of TCP that allows real scalability protocols to be built on top of it. What it does is just the message delimitation and some initial compatibility checking.

https://raw.github.com/250bpm/nanomsg/master/rfc/sp-request-reply-01.txt

This RFC describes the request/reply protocol. It does exactly what you would expect it to do -- distributes requests to stateless services and routes replies back to the client.

https://raw.github.com/250bpm/nanomsg/master/rfc/etsn-01.txt

This is something that's not implemented yet, however, it's concerned with probably the most asked for functionality (using arbitrary strings as service names instead of TCP ports), so I've wrote it down anyway.

Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome.