[nanomsg] Re: RFC links

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:44:48 +0200

On 09/08/13 11:29, Paul Colomiets wrote:

Hm, the only example I've found but quick looking is Websocket protocol:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

This practice seems so cute, that I've thought it's usual practice. But
I bet I've seen it in other protocols :)

It's kind of nice.

In the RFcs I've written the text is structured a bit differently. There's always a normative rule, then non-normative rationale for it. Perhaps the text should be re-structured to clearly separate the two, but it's a non-trivial rewrite.