[nanomsg] Re: Language binding vs custom network protocol implementation

  • From: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:39:47 +0200

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Mingfai <mingfai.ma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I basically want to figure out what kind of magic the C binding does. :-)

Consider looking over this page, which might give you some ideas:

http://nanomsg.org/documentation-zeromq.html

I'd consider the threading model, the state machines and the zero-copy
support all pretty involved. Also Martin is pretty experienced at this
kind of thing, so you'll miss all of that experience in building out
your solution.

You could look at improving the existing bindings or starting your own, instead?

In any case, having independent implementations is still great (look
at Garrett's Go implementation mangos, for example).

Cheers,

Dirkjan