[muglo] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:09:08 -0400

>    I use Sympatico.ca; high speed; with 2 users in the same house; but
>had Execulink.com before that. They have 56K & DSL (high speed) & price
>packages are good. HTH.

IMO, sympatico (or symcrapico as I like to call it) is horrid. I had
highspeed for all of 2 weeks (and thats when they discounted it to
$20/month for 3 months). Their tech support is horrid (most isp's are
though, for macs), and the techs are usually rude and/or
condescending. You know, the type that just assume bc you;re calling
tech support you must be a dolt. Maybe not all the symcrapico techs
are bad, but I;d say 8/10.
The reason I stopped using symcrapico is bc (at least at that time,
may have changed although I doubt it) they block you from
sending/receiving email, etc, off of other servers... example, my
fastmail email... I use eudora to recieve/send the mail from the
fastmail server. Symcrapico blocks this. So I couldn;t receive/send
email (only from the web interface of fastmail). So I got rid of
them. They are so interested in where you;re going on the web that
they log everything, and block you from doing things that they can;t
log. If you like your privacy, I'd suggest using another service.

(actually, I am at this point still sending mail from the sprint
server, but that;s not bc of sprint, that's bc I only have version 4
of eudora, and bc I have to pay full price for v5 or see ads, I stick
with 4... on 4 you cant send mail with authentication, which is what
i need to do to send it off the fastmail server).

Sprint is cheap. But their customer service is non-existent. If you
need help, prepare to wait on hold for 45 minutes or more. I stay
with them bc no one else is $14.95 (that I know of).

~ALex

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>