Re: [muglo] FW: Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: dplumley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 06:58:39 -0500

There is no reason why anyone would need your Sympatico info.

It is the info for the router that is the important info.

Such as:
what is the name of your network? (SSID)
what is the password you set for the wireless?(don't tell us on this list!!!)
what is the channel that the wireless is using to broadcast?
what security profile (WPA/WPA2/WEP) is the router using?

All of these can be found on the "web page" of your router using your ethernet
connected computer.

As for setting up a Leopard laptop on a wireless network, it is as simple as it
is made out to be, as long as the wireless network is set up on the modem with
the proper settings and matched to the laptop.

When my children first connected their MacBook & PowerBook, using Leopard, they
needed to create the network on the laptop, enter the network name & password
and hit enter. (not a Speedstream wireless router, though)

Quoting Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>:
>He apologetically gave up with the suggestion that I call Apple support. He
thinks that if I give them all my Sympatico info (username, password, etc.)
that they should be able to walk me through the configuration.

Well, so much for plug and play! Is there anyone who has had experience
successfully configuring Leopard and Airport to connect to the Internet on a
MacBook Pro? (Ideally with a 6520.)