Re: [muglo] FW: Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 23:44:20 -0800

On 3/7/08 8:07 PM, "doug rogers" <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8-Mar-08, at 1:49 AM, Bob McDaniel wrote:
>
>> No mention was made of my situation where, using "Network" from
>> "System Preferences", no network is found to connect to!! I'm clearly
>> missing a key step in this quest.
>
> Is there an ethernet connection out of the modem/router?

Yes. My eMac is connected to the 6520 by an Ethernet cable. The 6520 is
hardwired to a DSL wall connection. As I mentioned before, the "Wireless"
LED is off which leads me to wonder whether the 6520 is sending a signal
from its antenna. However, that said, there was a time yesterday when the
eMac could not connect to the Internet, and the "Wireless" light was ON but
the "Ethernet" was OFF. But the MacBook Pro still made no connection. But I
suppose that even if the MacBook Pro detected a signal, unless it also sent
the appropriate "log in" information there would be no connection reported.

Oh, and by the way to get the eMac reconnected the modem had to be
reconfigured by tech support to turn on "Ethernet". It was also noted that
my password was not working, so we had to make up a new one.

Bob