[muglo] Re: ink/printer/etc.

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:57:48 -0500

> >Actually HPs used to be, my research showed that Epson & Canon are
> >pretty neck & neck, but Canon is slightly ahead. Samsung don't even
> >appear on the Inkjet scene, but their Laser printers are very good and
> >relatively inexpensive.

What's the point to an inkjet unless you actually need it to do simple
colour printing. If you want to do photo printing, it's cheaper to have it
done professionally (paper + ink + printer costs are higher if you do it
yourself) and B&W prints are so much better with a laser.

> >HP have significantly reduced the amount of ink in each cartridge and
> >still have 1- 3 colour cartridges and a black, most Canons have 4-5
> >separate colour, Epson 3 colour or 3 separate colours.

The 3 + 1 colour (or 5+1) for the Canon is awsome since you only have to
replace the colour that runs out rather than the whole $$$ cartridge.

Eric.

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca