[muglo] iBook Control Strip

  • From: Ken Davis <kpdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:39:46 -0500

Hi Eric,

>By experimenting (restarting didn't help), I was able to answer my
>own question (Which was: Does anyone know how to delete these
>extraneous names from the Control Strip?) Answer: They can be
>deleted from the Internet Control Panel using Delete Set under the
>File menu

So to respond to your question:
I use an iBook running OS9.0, on which, if you use the Internet Setup
Assistant to configure a new (or addditional) connection, the
resulting name assigned appears in both the Active Set popup list of
the Internet Control Panel and the Remote Access Control Panel
listing in the Control Strip.

Deletions are accomplished as above. (I have no Configuration Manager
and my TCP/IP CP has no profiles - perhaps just a difference in OS
versions. Apple often moves items around or merges features with new
OSs)

--

* In a world without borders or fences, who needs WINDOWS or GATES? *